Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Japanese Beef Steak Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 cups sliced Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 24 pea pods, blanched
- Marinade and Dressing:3 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs dry sherry
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs chopped green onion
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs dark sesame oil
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once. For dressing, add 1/4 cup water, green onion, sugar and sesame oil to remaining marinade; mix well.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes. Carve steak.
- Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrot and radishes; divide among 4 plates. Arrange cucumber, rice, pea pods and beef on salads. Serve with dressing.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.