Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Steakhouse Baked Barbecue Fries
- 6 russet potatoes (or potato of your choice)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight, even wedges.
- In a bowl stir together garlic powder, onion power, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush potato wedges with barbecue sauce, then sprinkle seasoning mixture over potatoes before baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp, rotate and cook an additional 10 minutes until dark golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.