Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Medallions of Ono on Tomato Salad
- 1 pint orange teardrop tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint yellow teardrop tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 Tbs minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Kula onion, shaved
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 2 serrano chili peppers, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Sugar to taste
- 8 4-ounce (115g) ono medallions
- Toss tomatoes with basil, rosemary, onion, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine shallots, chili peppers, cilantro, vinegar, sugar and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on a well-oiled grill until fish is opaque, but not dry.
- Place 1/4 of the tomato salad in the center of each plate. Arrange 2 ono medallions over each salad and drizzle with shallot sauce.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.