Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- salt, as needed
- freshly ground pepper as needed
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb medium crimini or white mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved pieces
- Blanch asparagus, in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Bring approximately 3 inches of water to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Add asparagus. Cook at a medium boil until slightly underdone, about 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- To grill, brush asparagus with olive oil. On an outdoor or a stovetop, grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently, until lightly browned and fork tender, about 3 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cool. At an angle, cut spears in -1/2" pieces; reserve.
- To make vinaigrette, mix lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Slice mushrooms about 1/4" thick. Toss mushrooms with reserved asparagus and vinaigrette; arrange on a platter. Add shavings of Parmesan cheese over salad.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.