Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Tangy Lamb & Asparagus Lettuce Cups
- Dressing1/4 cup ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon grass, sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 Tbs water
- 3 Tbs sweet chili sauce
- Filling2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 12 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- For dressing, puree first 5 ingredients in blender. Let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Strain mixture into a small bowl. Squeeze liquid from solids and discard solids. Add sweet chili sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned ground Lamb. Sautee until cooked through. Drain off fat. Remove from pan and transfer to mixing bowl. Add remaining tablespoon oil to saut pan. Saut asparagus and red pepper until tender. Add to Lamb. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing and add the remaining dressing to coat mixture well.
- Arrange lettuce cups on a platter. Trimming edges on any oversized leaves. Spoon approximatley 2 heaping Tbs lamb-asparagus misture into lettuce cups. Serve remaining sauce along side.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.