Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Red-Cooked Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbs minced onion
- 2 Tbs five spice
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- In large self-sealing bag, mix together brown sugar, hoisin, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sesame oil, onion, five spice, ginger and garlic. Add pork chops, seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Grill* chops over direct heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F.
- *Alternatively, place in a shallow roasting pan and roast at 400 F. for 20-25 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with warm flour tortillas, hot cooked rice with green onions and roasted peanuts, and a cucumber, Mandarin orange and red onion vinaigrette salad.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.