Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- Dough for one pizza
- 1 28-ounce (795-g) can peeled tomato, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb mozzarella*, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 500F (260C). Lightly oil 17-inch (43-cm) pizza pan. Spread the dough onto the pizza pan and top with half of the peeled tomatoes. Add garlic and basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes; then slide the pizza off the pan onto an oven rack and bake 5 minutes.
- Slide the pizza back to the pizza pan and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts (3 to 5 minutes).
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.