Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Rack of Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus
- 8-10 6-inch wooden bamboo skewers
- Vinaigrette:2 Tbs shallots, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs sweet mustard
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs fresh herbs, your choice, chopped
- chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest for garnish.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanche the asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. On a cutting board divide the bunch of asparagus into servings of 6 to 7 spears. Line up the servings in a row. Run one skewer 2 inches from the top and a second skewer 2 inches from the bottom through all the spears to create a horizontal rack.
- For the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- To grill asparagus, brush racks liberally with vinaigrette to coat well. Grill racks over a medium-high heat barbecue or grill pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender. Serve with extra vinaigrette. Top with chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.