Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Fresh Asparagus with Pancetta, Pepato Cheese, and Herbs
- 1- 1/2 lbs jumbo or extra-large fresh asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 Tbs grated pepato cheese (Romano cheese with peppercorns) or plain Romano
- 3 oz thinly-sliced pancetta or 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, then crumbled
- 1 Tbs chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1 Tbs shredded basil
- 1 Tbs shredded mint
- Generously coat asparagus spears with olive oil. Grill over medium-hot heat. Turn frequently, until asparagus is lightly browned and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes for extra-large and a minute or two more for jumbo. Arrange on a warmed serving platter.
- Sprinkle with cheese, pancetta, and herbs.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.