Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Ginger Glaze
- 2 pork tenderloins, (about 2 pounds total), trimmed
- Spice Rub1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Glaze1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Place chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar; shake to blend. Rub spice mixture onto pork tenderloins. Cover tenderloins and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prior to grilling, melt apricot preserves in saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from the heat and stir in remaining glaze ingredients. Place half of the glaze in a serving bowl and hold for service.
- Prepare grill at medium-high heat. Grill pork tenderloins for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160 F on an instant-read thermometer. When approximately 4 minutes of cook time remains, brush the pork tenderloins with the apricot glaze remaining in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turn the pork tenderloins and brush glaze on other side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pork from the grill and let set for about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved glaze.
Copyright 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.