Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Charred Poblano Pork Quesadillas
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup sliced poblano peppers (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 oz grated asadero cheese
- 1/2 lb grilled pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 8 (7-inch) whole wheat High fiber tortillas
- Heat oil in a large saut pan over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onions and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender. Mix in olives and cilantro, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a clean surface. Sprinkle each with approximately 1 1/2 ounces of cheese, 2 ounces of pork and 1/2 cup of pepper and onion mixture. Top with remaining tortillas and cook in a nonstick saut pan over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned.
- Transfer cooked quesadillas to a clean cutting board and slice into wedges before serving.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.