Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Baked Mushroom Topped Brie
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 wheel cold Brie cheese
- 2 Tbs finely minced fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- Finely chop mushrooms, onions, walnuts and garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper in food processor.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushroom mixture for 5-7 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
- At serving time slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally and place cut side up on oven -proof serving plate or baking pan. Spoon the topping evenly on cut surfaces of Brie. Bake in 350 F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is beginning to melt. Sprinkle parsley or chives on top to garnish if desired. Serve with thinly sliced whole wheat baguette or plain crackers.
Cooking Tip: To barbecue, place cheese on presoaked cedar plank and barbecue, covered over medium -high heat for 8-10 minutes.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.