Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Bourbon Sauce
- Shrimp24 large or jumbo raw shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and tails removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Sauce1/3 cup diced sweet onions
- 1/2 tsp finely diced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Preheat grill or oven broiler. Clean shrimp, then wrap them in bacon and secure with a toothpick; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. Reduce the sauce by half or until it has thickened. You can use the sauce as a glaze or as a dipping sauce.
- Grill or broil shrimp until bacon crisps and shrimp is firm.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.