Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Asparagus with Lime Aioli, Egg and Green Onion
- 1- 1/2 lbs large asparagus, trimmed
- salt, as needed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs thinly sliced green onion
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of salted, boiling water. Boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make aioli, mix mayonnaise with olive oil, water, lime juice, and garlic; reserve. Over a piece of wax paper or paper towel, force egg through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon, making sure to scrape off the egg that clings to the underside of the sieve.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter, then drizzle with reserve aioli. Sprinkle with egg, then green onion. Lightly season with salt.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.