Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbs freshly whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream)
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In large bowl mix rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In medium bowl mix flour, oats, butter, and salt with fork until crumbly.
- Using hands, crumble topping evenly over fruit mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 4045 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
- To serve, scoop warm crisp into bowls; top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.