Penn Herb Wellness Guide
South of the Border Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup pure vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Light sour cream (optional garnish)
- Heat broiler. Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, blend oil, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne. Place chicken on broiler pan. Brush or spoon half of seasoning mixture over chicken.
- Broil chicken 6 minutes, 4 to 6 inches from heat. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining seasoning mixture. Broil 4 to 5 minutes longer or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Garnish with light sour cream; accompany with hot corn and black beans, if desired.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.