Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Smoked Paprika-Chipotle Lamb Chops
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp dark chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- Oil, as needed
- In a mixing bowl, combine paprika, sugar, salt, chili powder, chipotle chile powder, onion powder, cumin, and powdered garlic.
- Pierce lamb with a fork several times on all sides; brush with oil then coat with the rub.
- Let stand for 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops.
- For 1-inch chops, broil or grill chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Or, pan fry chops and then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400F until desired doneness.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.