Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cubed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 scallions, cut lengthwise into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- In a non-stick wok or large frying pan over high heat, warm oil. Add chicken and saut until firm and well-browned, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pineapple and molasses and stir-fry until the pineapple is brown and tender.
- Stir in the lime juice, red pepper flakes, scallions, and chicken. Saut until scallions are bright green and the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Toss in ginger and serve over rice.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.