Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Pear and Brie Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas, 10-inches (25cm) in diameter
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, at the peak of ripeness
- 4 oz Brie cheese*
- 1/4 cup or more fresh salsa, red or green salsa can be used
- Place the 4 tortillas on a flat working surface.
- Slice and core the pears into thin pieces (about 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick).
- Slice Brie into 12 or more very thin slices.
- To assemble quesadillas, place pear slices and cheese on each tortilla, leaving one side of the tortilla empty for folding over. Fold the tortilla to form a semi-circle, with the pear and cheese on the inside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet. Place a folded tortilla in the pan and heat just until the cheese starts to melt. Gently turn the quesadilla over and continue heating until the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Remove to a platter and repeat with each of the 4 tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and drizzle about 1 Tbsp (15g) of salsa over the top. Serve with napkins or a plate and fork, as it can get quite messy!
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.