Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Old Country Seafood Chowder
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks (1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fennel (1/4-inch)
- 12 oz Yukon gold potatoes, diced (1-inch)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless cod, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 oz chopped smoked salmon
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Heat butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add leeks and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in potatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Pour in sherry, fish stock and cream and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat down to low and simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are breaking down. Add cod, smoked salmon and olives and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, season with dill, lemon juice and hot sauce. Serve hot.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.