Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Mexican Chicken Potato Soup
- 4 Anaheim chile peppers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally. Wrap peppers up in foil to steam. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove skin and seeds from peppers and chop.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ground cumin, and cumin seeds. Saut 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, reserved peppers, corn, potatoes, and chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.