Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups ground almonds
- Heat oven to 225F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add sugar 2 Tbs at a time, until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks.
- Fold in almonds. Drop meringue by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in 225F oven until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let dry in oven, with door closed, until cool and crisp, at least 1 hour.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.