Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Gyro-Burger with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Yogurt Sauce3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Add ground lamb; mix well.
- Form into four patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Grill over medium coals or broil for around 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, chopped cucumber, sliced green onion, mint, and sugar.
- Split open each pita half, forming a pocket. Place gyro-burger in each pocket; top with chopped spinach and yogurt sauce.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.