Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Eggplant Slices
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds or 570g)
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp (2g) powdered
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat a gas grill to high or build a fire in a kettle grill.
- Slice eggplant 1/3- to 1/2-inch (0.75 to 1.25cm) thick. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the mixture.
- Place eggplant on the preheated grill. If you wish to have nice grill lines, turn only once on each side. Grill eggplant slices 10 to 14 minutes.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.