Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Fancy Grilled Mushrooms
- 5 medium, fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs tamari
- 2 Tbs rice syrup
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs vegetable broth
- Combine last 6 ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Pour marinade over mushrooms arranged in a single layer in a baking pan. Turn the mushrooms so both sides are coated. Marinate 1 hour, flipping mushrooms occasionally.
- Place marinated mushrooms in a well-oiled grilling basket and cook over medium-hot coals 8 to 10 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade. Watch carefully or they’ll burn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.