Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Enchilada Stack with Caramelized Onions
- 3 lbs yellow onions
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed, dried thyme
- 1 tsp crushed, dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained (or as needed)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (or as needed)
- Salsa, as needed
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or as needed)
- Halve and slice onions. Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook onions in oil for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and golden.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper; set caramelized onions aside.
- Layer a corn tortilla with black beans, diced bell pepper, salsa, grated cheddar cheese, and a layer of caramelized onions.
- Repeat layering and then top with a third tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until hot and melted.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.