Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Crunchy Turkey Salad on Greens
- 2 cups turkey meat, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, or substitute
- 2 Tbs capers, chopped with some juice
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 small gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted, or substitute
- 1 6 oz cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 package mixed field greens
- parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl except the yogurt. Start mixing the yogurt to the turkey mixture one tablespoon at a time and mixing at each addition until desired quantity. To give a French taste to the salad, add 1 teaspoon Djion mustard to the yogurt before adding to the turkey mixture.
- Serve on a bed of mixed field greens and enjoy.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.