Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 1 1/3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 14 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 oz smoked chicken or turkey sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- Pepper, to taste
- In 3-quart saucepan cover potatoes with broth and water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add cabbage and onion. Saut 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add sausage; continue to saut, about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until vegetables and sausage begin to brown. Add carrot; set aside.
- With slotted spoon, remove about cup of potato pieces from saucepan and add to skillet. In electric blender blend remaining potatoes and liquid until smooth, being careful to hold blender lid down with kitchen towel; return to saucepan.
- Add pured potatoes to the skillet; mix in enough milk for consistency desired. Heat to simmering and season with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.