Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Coconut Chicken with Pineapple-Curry Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying, more if needed
- 1 15 oz can diced pineapple, juice reserved
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish or bowl.
- In a second dish, whisk together the eggs and water.
- In a third dish, combine the panko breads crumbs and coconut.
- Cut the chicken into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Pour about an inch of oil into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. While oil heats, prepare the chicken.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, dip in eggs, then roll in coconut mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to coat completely.
- Cook the chicken in the oil in small batches until golden brown and fully cooked, about 3 minutes per side depending on the size of you pieces.
- While the chicken cooks, drain the pineapple juice into a small sauce pan and heat to boiling over medium heat.
- While juice is warming, combine the cornstarch and curry powder in a small bowl. Stir in water until smooth. Pour mixture into the boiling pineapple juice and cook for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup pineapple pieces, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve warm or cold with the chicken.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.