Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Caribbean Style Albacore
- 1 1/2 lbs Pacific albacore, loin cuts or steaks
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs orange marmalade
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/8 scant teaspoon salt
- Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Blend together yogurt, marmalade, 2 teaspoons lime juice and curry powder. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice and salt. Baste albacore with oil mixture.
- Place on well-greased grate 5-6 inches from hot briquettes. Cook 8 minutes per inch of fish, measured at thickest point, turning once and basting frequently. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in the center when removed from the heat. Serve with curry yogurt sauce. Garnish with assorted fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, melon and grapes.
Cooking Tip: Albacore may be broiled on a well-greased broiler pan 5-6 inches from source of heat. Follow grilling times and instructions.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.