Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Caribbean Citrus Olive Shrimp
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (8 ounces) red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pasilla or ancho peppers, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 Tbs minced ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups olives, halved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups orange segments
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Heat olive oil in a large saut pan over medium. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in onions, peppers, ginger and garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Add olives, orange juice, curry powder, salt and pepper flakes and bring to a bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange segments and butter.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.