Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Caribbean Barbecued Pork Chops
- 8 bone-in pork rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 white onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare medium-hot grill. Combine cumin and salt and press evenly onto both sides of pork rib chops. Add mix of vegetables and fruit to each skewer.
- Grill chops and kabobs for 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F and kabobs are turning to brown. Brush with honey barbecue sauce during final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with white rice.
Cooking Tip: Grill the chops and the kabobs at the same time.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.