Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Shell Salad
- 12 oz Canadian style bacon, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 conchiglioni (jumbo shells)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- Cut Canadian bacon into thin strips. In a large bowl combine bacon, zucchini, red pepper and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over bacon mixture; toss gently to mix. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook conchiglioni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bacon mixture into each conchiglioni. Place the shells, filled side up, in a baking dish. Cover and chill 2-4 hours. To serve, arrange romaine among salad plates. Place 2 shells atop each.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh seasonal fruit.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.