Penn Herb Wellness Guide
California Sage and Olive Meatloaf
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) diced yellow onion (1/4-inch)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 1/2 Tbs chopped sage
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) diced celery (1/4-inch)
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saut pan. Add onions and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Stir in garlic, sage and thyme and continue cooking for 1 minute, then remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. In a small mixing bowl combine breadcrumbs and milk. Set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground beef and pork with onion and breadcrumb mixtures. Stir in egg, olives, mustard, salt and pepper. Form into a 10-inch by 5-inch loaf shape on a lightly greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Brush the top of the meatloaf with ketchup mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes then slice into six servings.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.