Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Cajun Lamb Roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 boneless lamb roast, sirloin or top round
- Stir together salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder and rub into lamb.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil to medium-hot and brown lamb on all sides.
- Place lamb in shallow roasting pan or rack and roast in 350F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium, or 170F for well.
- When lamb has reached desired degree of doneness, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Slice lamb on diagonal and serve with rice.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.