Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Blue Cheese Dressing3 Tbs (1 1/4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Chicken Bites2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (10 ounces), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbs mild cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 2" sticks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Blue Cheese DressingIn a small bowl, mash together the blue cheese and sour cream with the back of a spoon. Stir in the green onion and vinegar until blended. Set aside.
- Chicken BitesPreheat the oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken cubes, scallion, and 1 tablespoon of the pepper sauce. Thread the chicken on twelve 6" bamboo skewers, using 2 pieces of chicken per skewer. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper sauce and the butter. Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on one half of a serving platter in a single layer. Brush the chicken cubes with the pepper sauce. Place the celery and carrots on the platter and serve with the blue cheese dressing.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.