Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Brie and Apple Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs flour
- 4 slices Brie cheese
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Warm 1 tablespoon butter in a large, non-stick saut pan over medium-high heat. Add the apples and saut until softened. Set the saut pan aside because you will need it again.
- Tuck a slice of Brie and several slices of the sauted apple into the underside of the chicken breasts (the pocket between the breast and the tenderloin). Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Pat flour onto both sides of each chicken breast.
- In the saut pan, warm 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. When the butter foams, add the chicken breasts and brown them on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a sheet pan, stuffed-side-down, and put them into the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Pour the apple cider and chicken broth into the saut pan and boil it over high heat until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the chicken among four plates and pour a little sauce over each.
Copyright 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.