Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Braised Leg of Lamb with Preserved Lemons and Green Olives
- 5 lb sirloin-end, bone-in leg of lamb
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs cumin, ground
- 2 Tbs coriander, ground
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup preserved lemon rind, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Liberally season lamb with salt and pepper. In a bowl, stir together garlic, cumin, coriander, and oil; smear over lamb. Let rest at room temperature.
- Place lamb in a baking dish; roast at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F. Add olives, lemon rind, and broth. Cook until internal temperature is 130F for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place lamb on a cutting board and slice.
- Pour pan sauce into a measuring cup; spoon off fat.
- Serve with couscous tossed with mint and scallions.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.