Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Blue Corn-Crusted Rainbow Trout with Papaya-Tomatillo Relish
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 24 8 oz rainbow trout fillets
- coarse salt, as needed
- seasoned rice flour, as needed
- blue corn meal, as needed
- neutral vegetable oil, as needed
- 24 chives, for garnish
- 12 cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Papaya Sauce5 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cups chopped papaya
- 1/3 cup clover honey
- Papaya Relish3 cups diced papaya
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatillo
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbs chopped jalapeo
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs honey
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs cilantro, chopped, fresh
- Whisk together egg and milk; reserve.
- Per serving: Lightly season 2 fillets with salt. Dip into seasoned flour, then egg mixture, and finally corn meal. Fry over medium heat, flesh-side down, about 2 minutes. Turn; cook until trout is just firm, about 1 minute.
- Per serving: Ladle 3 tablespoons warm papaya sauce in the center of the plate, then swirl to distribute. Put trout on sauce; top with 1/4 cup papaya relish. Garnish with chives and cilantro.
- Papaya SauceCook 5 cups coarsely chopped onion in 1/2 cup olive oil until soft; stir in 6 cloves chopped garlic. Deglaze with 3/4 cup red wine vinegar; reduce by half. Stir in 6 cups chopped papaya; cook until soft, adding a tablespoon or two of water, if mixture gets too dry. Pure. Stir in 1/3 cup clover honey; thin, as necessary, with water. Season to taste with salt. Reserve.
- Papaya RelishJust before serving, fold together 3 cups diced papaya, 1 1/2 cups diced tomatillo, 1/2 cup diced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeo, 3 cloves finely chopped garlic, 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons each of clover honey, olive oil, and chopped, fresh cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Reserve.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.