Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bistro Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes
- Boiling, salted water
- 1 Tbs fresh, chopped dill leaves (or 1 tsp dried dill weed)
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Saut onions in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and chill.
- Boil potatoes 20 to 35 minutes or until fork tender but not mushy. Drain and chill in covered container.
- Combine mayonnaise, dill leaves, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar. Slice chilled potatoes and brush a thin glaze of the dilled mayonnaise over tops.
- To arrange salad, spoon onions onto plate, spreading into a 10- to 12-inch round. Make overlapping circles of glazed sliced potatoes over onions.
- Spoon some of the dilled mayonnaise into center, and place remainder in a small bowl. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs or a few arugula leaves.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.