Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bibb Lettuce Salad with Gorgonzola and Fresh Pear Dressing
- 3 large ripe Bartlett pears, divided use
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon or scant 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1-2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2-3 heads Bibb lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 4 oz (1 cup) crumbed Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- Peel, core, and chop one pear. Place pear, 1/3 cup water, sugar, and tarragon in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until pear pieces are soft, about 5 minutes depending on ripeness of pear. Do not let all the water evaporate. There should be about 7/8 cup pear and liquid. Cool.
- Pour pear and liquid into a blender and blend until smooth. Add part of the vinegar and lemon juice to taste. Taste and adjust sugar and acid to make a sweet-tart dressing, adding a little water if needed to thin. Refrigerate until cold.
- Core and thinly slice remaining 2 pears. For each serving arrange 3-4 lettuce leaves on a salad plate. Top with 1/3 of a sliced pear, 2-3 tablespoons Gorgonzola and drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.