Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Better Than Fried Okra
- 2 cups fresh okra pods
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blue or yellow, coarse ground cornmeal (add more if you need more)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Seasonings of your choice (creole, cayenne, smoked paprika, or herbs work well)
- Cut okra into bite-sized pieces.
- Beat egg. Dip the okra into the egg.
- Mix the cornmeal and any seasonings you choose. Roll the okra in this mixture.
- Spread okra onto a baking sheet topped with a wire rack (you can do this without the rack—using a rack just lets more air flow and cooks the okra more evenly).
- Bake at 400F for about 30 minutes, until they start to crisp and brown.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.