Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Balsamic-Spiced Lamb Kabobs
- 1 lb lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 cantaloupe or pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- In bowl, combine: vinegar, oil, water, rosemary, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Reserve 1/4 cup for basting.
- Add lamb cubes; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain meat cubes; discard marinade.
- Thread lamb, cantaloupe or pineapple, and green onion onto skewers.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or broil 4 inches from heat source.
- Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Turn several times and brush with marinade.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.