Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Baked Potato Nachos
- 1 1/2 lb russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 1/2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 Tbs canned diced green chilies
- Salsa, guacamole, and sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place potatoes into a medium bowl with the oil, garlic salt, and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, and chilies. Bake for 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, if desired.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.