Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Asian-Spiced Lamb and Pilaf
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lamb boneless shoulder roast, tied
- Rice pilaf, cooked
- In 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine: olive oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, orange peel, and garlic.
- Coat lamb with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning lamb occasionally.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast at 325F for about 1 1/4 hours or to desired degree of doneness: 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium, or 170F for well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees; slice.
- Serve with rice pilaf.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.