Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Asian Lamb Noodle Salad with Peanuts
- 10 green onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped
- 3 Tbs sesame oil, divided
- 3 Tbs rice wine or apple juice
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 oz sweet potato noodles, or glass noodles
- 3 Tbs peanut oil, divided
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced into strips
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 lb snow peas, tough strings removed
- 1 carrot, julienned, cut, and blanched
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In medium bowl, combine green onions, 2 Tbs sesame oil, rice wine or apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and salt.
- Remove 2 Tbs and mix into lamb.
- Cover, refrigerate, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Remove from heat, rinse, drain, and toss with remaining 1 Tbs sesame oil; set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbs oil over medium heat.
- Add one-half of the shallots and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and add remaining 2 Tbs oil.
- Add remaining shallots and stir 10 seconds.
- Mix in noodles and reserved sauce, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
- Add spinach, snow peas, and carrots.
- Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
- Pour into bowl of lamb.
- Add peanuts, toss, and serve.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.