Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Apple Salad with Candied Bacon and Goat Cheese
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, cubed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Dressing2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain off most of fat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar to pan, cook and stir until bacon is well coated with melted sugar. Remove from pan onto parchment paper.
- Combine apples, walnuts, goat cheese ,and arugula in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Garnish with bacon.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.