Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Apple Orchard Salad
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 8 cups spring greens
- 4 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup glazed walnuts
- 1 cup apple cider vinaigrette dressing (recipe below)
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, cracked
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together all Apple Cider Vinaigrette ingredients (except oil) until sugar is dissolved, then add in oil and mix.
- Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl. Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover.
- Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover. Sprinkle glazed walnuts to finish.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.