Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Spicy African Chicken Peanut Soup
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 18 oz boned and skinned chicken breast, (3 breast halves) cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth, (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes, chopped (one 15-ounce can)
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the sesame oil.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic, sauting over medium heat until chicken pieces turn opaque.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes and peanut butter.
- Heat through, but don’t boil. Serve hot.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.