Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Smoked Salmon and Fresh Asparagus Sandwiches
- 8 oz cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground coarse black pepper or to taste
- 24 large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 oblong sandwich rolls, lightly toasted
- 12 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- Thoroughly mix cream cheese, lemon zest and black pepper. Reserve.
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of boiling, salted water. Return to a boil; boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 generous tablespoon of reserved cream cheese mixture on sliced rolls. Divide salmon in 6 portions. Layer onion rings on bottom of roll, then 1 portion salmon and 4 asparagus spears, interspersing asparagus between slices of salmon. Cover sandwiches with tops; cut in half at a diagonal.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.